We will post here upcoming updates, maintenance windows, features and fixes for aMiSTACX and Area 51. Stay tuned!
March 20th, 2019 – A51 New Feature
Today we added basic RDS monitoring to the main A51 dashboard. Get quick reports on RDS Memory, CPU, and disk space.
March 19th, 2019
- Ticket Based System: aMiSTACX will be discontinuing IM through Wickr, and moving to a ticket based system in the next two weeks. An alternative IM may be available, but only during our posted human working hours.
- New Stack Released: WordPress 4.9.9, S3 Titanium – aMiSTACX G4 LEP
Our new G4 stack for those that just have to have NGINX running WordPress. This G4 features our aMiSTACX S3 Titanium plugin.
- A51 – Alert
11:11am EST – update. Issue has been resolved. Please clear browser cache if you do not see QR code.
Google discontinued their Google Image Charts as of March 14th, and we didn’t know. So after a server upgrade it broke the 2FA for ALL accounts. Existing accounts that already sync’d to Authy will work. Just enter your code. New accounts, please disable 2FA until we upgrade the system.
March 15th, 2019 – A51
We plan to release Advanced CloudWatch Monitoring today for the Area 51 dashboard. This feature will allow monitoring metrics on select EC2s with the CW Agent.
As part of our March 2019 refresh, all stacks will be updated with the CWA. Advanced means you will be able to read disk space, cpu credits, cpu utilization and more. For ALL G3/G4 S3 Titanium and High Availability stacks Advanced CW Monitoring will be active in the A51 dashboard; otherwise, you will need an A51 Pro account to use the feature for all aMiSTACX and non-aMiSTACX instances.
March 5th, 2019 – New Stack!
Find your Zen and save a lot of time with our new stack for Magento that features the Magento Luma theme w/ Sample data. We also included the aMiSTACX S3 Titanium module, and this new G4 has all of the latest and greatest. A fantastic stack to spin up and test stuff with, learn how-to-do, or just see Magento’s cool new 2.3.0 features with live sample data.
March 1st, 2019 – A51 [Unplanned Maintenance 9:15 EST]
Dashboard alert to update AWS A51 Role Script.
February 26th, 2019 – A51
Over the next week both A51 and aMiSTACX on AWS MP will increase classes for both G3/G4 stacks.
If you are on an older stack, please contact us on how to upgrade to at least a G3. In some cases, it may be just easier to migrate to a new G3/G4 stack.
- Developer stacks will support T2/T3/C4/M4 EC2 classes
- Magento G3/G4 stacks will support T2/T3/C4 EC2 classes
- Change Instance Type Feature Added to A51 with Class Filters
February 22nds, 2019 – AMIS G3 – New Release
- Expert Developer Series
- Magento (TM) 2.2.7 Open Source Edition
- Ioncube (TM) PHP 7.1.x – 7.3.x.
- Support for T2/T3/C4/M4 EC2 Classes
February 7th, 2019 – A51 [Unplanned Maintenance 12:30 EST]
- Console updates
- New Sticky Sessions
- Column Widget for Dashboard
- Team RBAC
February 5th, 2019 – A51 [Unplanned Maintenance 9am EST]
- Improved Login Form
- Dashboard improvements
February 4th, 2019 – A51 [Unplanned Maintenance 1pm EST]
- Switched to a faster server
- Some customers may experience button issues on Area 51! We have identified this with a recent Cloudflare release and are working to resolve. [We turned off their Rocket Loader]
February 3rd, 2019 – A51
- Login Enhancements
- Console Improvements
January 31st, 2019 – A51, aMiSTACX
Our AWS AI Bot, Macey-Bot, appears to be on vacation :/ She didn’t even tell us until today. We have a case open with AWS to get her working again. Any questions, you may need to contact the humans.
Important! We also plan to upgrade A51 later today to include:
- Elastic IP Management
- Console Updates
- 2FA Now Default on all new accounts
January 28th, 2019 – aMiSTACX
Sorry for some 500s but we are testing our new HL100 theme. You’ll notice the site is way faster now.
January 25th, 2019 – A51
- A51 Basic Dashboard EC2 Monitoring
January 23rd, 2019
- S3 Titanium plugin for WordPress – New plugin version 1.1.3 now allows re-sync to local. In situations where you need to fall back from S3 to local server for media, the S3 Rocket plugin now allows this function.
- aMiSTACX Multi-Site Edition for Magento 2.3.0 now available. Lot’s of great upgrades of the stack for performance!
January 21st, 2019 – A51
- SMS Alerting Features added for Pro Memberships
- SMS Team Alerts added for Pro Memberships
- Direct Message feature added for Pro Memberships
- Fixes to dashboard and Misc improvements
January 17th, 2019 – A51 – Huge new release. Please review.
- Team Members can be active with more than one A51 account. This means a developer can be a team member with multiple aMiSTACX customers. Very handy since we are starting to build an aMiSTACX professional support network.
- Manage non-aMiSTACX EC2s. There is now an upgrade feature called Pro that will allow you to subscribe and upgrade to a Professional A51 Membership [A51 Pro] the current cost per month is a very reasonable [$20 USD], yet unlocks all kinds of new features. For Agencies and Enterprise the Pro feature can help reduce operational costs.
- 1-Click restore enhancements for Snapshots and AMIs.
- Lots of UI upgrades for desktop and mobile
- Notification enhancements
- Dashboard sync fix
January 3rd, 2019 – Happy New Year! Kicking it off with our new S3 Titanium for Magento 2.3.0 running Apache.
December 24th, 2018 – A51 – Maintenance Scheduled for 12 noon EST. Introducing 1-Click backups, Restore options, tons of UI enhancements. Happy Holidays! 🙂
December 16, 2018 – A51 – Maintenance Scheduled for 5pm EST. We will be adding EC2 phpMyadmin hotlinks, and Mobile UI upgrades.
December 12, 2018 – A51 – Maintenance Scheduled for 11pm EST. We will be introducing desktop alerts and EC2 Public IP address records.
December 11th, 2018 – WordPress 5.0 S3 Titanium powered by aMiSTACX G4 should be available in a couple of days.
December 10th, 2018 – New features for Magento S3 Titanium. S3Rocket now supports CSS/JS deployment to S3, custom image paths, and S3Sonic has some fixes to improve usability. If you already have this stack, please update to unlock the new features!