We will post here upcoming updates, maintenance windows, features and fixes for aMiSTACX and Area 51. Stay tuned!
February 20th, 2020: New Version
February 18th, 2020 : News
New S3Rocket for WordPress 1.2.5 is available. It will help with cleaner URLs, static deployment to S3, and better WebP identification.
New S3Rocket [Beta] for Magento is available. It will help with missing images [no need to run re-size], and a new streamlined UI.
February 3rd, 2020 : News
aMiSTACX has dropped the designation of F1 and F1X for our standard WordPress stacks. This will help emphasis the difference between a standard WordPress site vs. our S3 Titanium series for WordPress.
Additionally, the WooCommerce plugin will be included in all of our WordPress stacks. If you have no need to use Woo, then please delete it after launch. It is only provided as a convenience.
January 28th, 2010 : News
We are removing Elasticsearch from our G4 stacks, and making it available with our G5 series. Why? ES is too resource intensive for less than a t3-large.
Magento released version 2.3.4 OSE today, we should have it available on January 29th; however, we will post supplemental install instructions to answer the new wizard database driver options.
January 27th, 2020 : New Version
January 21st, 2020: New G5 stacks
January 6th, 2020 : Update
All G3 and G4 stacks for Magento will now have EC2 class t3-small designated as the default deployment instance size. We will also be phasing-out the t2-micro class. The reason for these changes are Magento has grown in such size and resource utilization that using a t2-micro is just not feasible or stable.
December 26th, 2019 : New Stack Versions
- Laravel 5.8.24 : aMiSTACX G4 LEMP
- Laravel 5.8.24 : aMiSTACX G4 LAMP
- Ubuntu 16 LTS : aMiSTACX G3 Dev LEMP
- Ubuntu 18 LTS : aMiSTACX G4 Dev LEMP
- Ubuntu 18 LTS : aMiSTACX G4 Dev LAMP
December 13th, 2019 : New Stacks!
- Magento 2.2.10 : aMiSTACX G3 S3RJ LAMP
- Magento 2.2.10 : aMiSTACX G3 DEV LAMP
- Magento 2.3.3 : aMiSTACX G5 S3T INT ES LAP
- Magento 2.3.3 : aMiSTACX G5 S3T ES LAP
- Elasticsearch 6.8.5 : aMiSTACX G4 LAP
November 26th, 2019 : New Stack!
Our new stacks also have PHP 7.4 pre-loaded.
November 14th, 2019 : New Stack Versions
- WordPress 5.2.4 + Woo : aMiSTACX G4 S3 Titanium LAP
- WordPress 5.2.4 + Woo : aMiSTACX G4 S3 Titanium LEP
- WordPress 5.2.4 : aMiSTACX G4 LAMP
- WordPress 5.2.4 Multi-Tier : aMiSTACX G3 LAP
October 29th, 2019 : New Stack Version
October 25th, 2019 : New Stack Version
October 21st, 2019 : New Stack Version
October 18th, 2019 : New Stack Versions
October 17th, 2019 : New Stack Versions
October 15th, 2019 : New Stack Version
October 10th, 2019 : New Version
As many know, Magento 2.3.3 is out and has a whole bunch of new features and fixes. We will roll-out 2.3.3 for the rest of our G4s in the next week or two. For now, we have a LAMP to play with.
October 1st, 2019 : New Version
Now with 2.3.2 core and qualification for Beta Module Program.
September 30th, 2019: New Stack!
For those who want to check out a NGINX Magento stack we now have a Luma LEMP stack available. This stack will also allow you to test S3Rocket, Ramjet, and qualifies to beta our new Trak and Nail-the-Sale [NTS] one-page checkout.
September 17th, 2019 : Security Bulletin for Magento [Multiple Vulnerabilities in PHP]
Per Magento’s alert: “A vulnerability has recently been discovered in PHP and we recommend Magento Commerce customers adopt changes to address the issue. MS-ISAC has issued an alert related to multiple vulnerabilities that could allow for arbitrary code execution and a recommendation that all sites using PHP should update to the latest PHP version ASAP ( full alert is available here).”
aMiSTACX: To update and patch the Ubuntu OS perform the following:
* Make a full backup of the server that will be patched.
* Clone the server to use for Dev testing. In other words, don’t do this on a live production server.
php -v #Check current version
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt upgrade -y #Be sure not to overwrite any php.ini files or any files that have been edited. When in doubt do a file compare
sudo apt autoremove
php -v #The update should have incremented your version
September 11th, 2019 : New Stack Version
August 29th, 2019 : New Stack Versions
- Magento 2.1.18 w/ Redis : aMiSTACX G3 #New Magento 2.1.18 Core. Last of the Magento 2.1.x support.
- Redmine w/ PHP 7.3 : aMiSTACX G4 LAMP #Postfix Sendmail now default for RM.
August 23rd, 2019 : New Stack Version
Version 1.4 of our Magento 2.3.2 : aMiSTACX S3 Titanium G4 LAP stack features a few good performance tweaks. Elasticsearch is now disabled by default, as is CloudWatch Agent, Redis is pre-configured 100% [No more posting a snippet post install], and a special surprise is a MySQL 8 option during deployment. [Although not officially supported by Magento, why not give it a try?] Our initial tests are showing no issues.
August 22nd, 2019 : New Stack Version
Packed with features, the new Magento 2.3.2 Multi-Store Edition – aMiSTACX G3 features improved performance and Elasticsearch 7.2.1 pre-loaded.
August 14th, 2019 : New Stack Version
Our new S3 Titanium Multi store edition for Magento 2.3.2 features our new S3Rocket-Multi module.
August 7th, 2019 : New Stack Version
We have a new S3 Titanium LAP for Magento 2.3.2 featuring Elasticsearch 7.2.1 preinstalled.
July 31st, 2019 : New Stack Version
For those looking to test or deploy Magento w/ Elasticsearch, this version has Elasticsearch 7.2.1 preinstalled. You will need to enable for use.
July 25th, 2019 : Area 51
Cool new handy feature for A51 was just released. Cloudflare Page Rules support for On/Off operations. This is handy in situations where you need to switch to maintenance mode without having to log into CF to do it! Basic A51 accounts get three and Pro get fifteen. So make sure you put your maintenance rule as the first in CF.
July 23rd, 2019 : New Stack Version
July 12th, 2019 : Area 51
New feature! RDS instance class change ability from dashboard. Limited to T2 and T3 classes.
July 9th, 2019 : New Stack Version
New Magento 2.3.2 running on an aMiSTACX G4 LAP.
July 8th, 2019 : Area 51
The ability to manage AWS security groups was introduced to Area 51 today. All new team member accounts will only have power enabled as default. Post creation, the main account will need to adjust RBAC.
Per existing Team member accounts, ALL RBAC rights are assigned. Please adjust permissions accordingly.
July 2nd, 2019 – Cloudflare
Well not a great day for Cloudflare, and all of us that use it. A system outage due to a bad software deployment took out their primary and backups, and left half the Internet dark for about one long half hour today.
Our takeaway from this will be to move Area 51 to AWS Route 53. Although we still highly recommend Cloudflare, and will make use of it, we want to make sure our A51 management console is not impacted by another Cloudflare outage. That would be like salt in a wound. As today we couldn’t even access A51.
Maybe in the future we will also offer our own CDN, and to devise a way to split DNS. This way one single system won’t knock out all of our services. After all, we do build High Availability systems, but as many know, DNS is still the choke point for the ENTIRE Internet.
Read more here at techcrunch.com
June 28th, 2019 – New Stacks!
Big Magento release today 🙂 We have the Magento 2.3.2 on a G4 LAMP available.
June 26th, 2019 – New Stacks!
We are very excited to finally offer Laravel’s new 5.8 release on our G4 Performance stack, and for the first time, we now offer Laravel with NGINX.
June 25th, 2019 – New Stack!
We just love this one! In fact, it was our first and last Project Management Platform that we have used in house since about 2011.
Announcing Redmine 3.4.4 on our G4 stack. This little baby performs and has some extra bells and whistles.
June 24th, 2019 – New Stack!
Please to announce support of our new performance G4 stack for Odoo 12 Community.
June 20th, 2019 – New Stack!
Please to announce support of our new performance G4 stack for Odoo 12 Community.
June 7th, 2019 – Area 51 New Features, New Stack Upgrade
A51 – Granular Power control assigned to Team members. Improved login.
Improved PHP 7.3 Support for S3Rocket / S3Sonic
- WordPress 4.9.9 w/ Woo : aMiSTACX G4 S3 Titanium v1.3
- Magento 2.3.1 OSE + WordPress 4.9 w/ Redis : aMiSTACX G3 LAMP
June 2nd, 2019 – Area 51 New Features
A51 now has SMS categories for Pro accounts. This way you and team members do not have to get alerted on every event.
Basic and Pro accounts can now set a backup retention period for snapshots. Meaning after “x” time, old backups will be deleted.
May 31st, 2019 – New Stack Versions
May 29th, 2019 – Area 51
This is very exciting. A51 now offers a free 30 day preview of Monitoring and Health Checks to all A51 customers. We just released a whole bunch of new features and upgrades to A51. Please read more about monitoring here.
May 25th, 2019 – Area 51 New Features
New A51 health check features for Pro accounts. Plus lots of updates and enhancements to basic.
May 24th, 0219 – New Stack
May 23rd, 2019 – New Stack
May 22nd, 2019 – New Stacks
May 20th, 2019 – New Stacks
Finishing up our stack refresh that started in March, we have some new G3 and G4 stacks. All feature bonus performance and special CloudWatch monitoring for Area 51.
- Magento 2.1.7 w/Redis : aMiSTACX G3 LAMP
- Magento 2.3.1 : aMiSTACX G3 S3 Titanium
- Magento 2.2.6 AWS Multi-Tier w/ Redis aMiSTACX G3 LAP
- Magento 2.3.1 : aMiSTACX G4 w/ S3Rocket Ramjet
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS : aMiSTACX G3 LAP
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS : aMiSTACX G4 LAP Developer Stack
May 19th, 2019 – Area 51 Alarms
Area 51 Pro subscriptions now have the ability to set alarms on EC2 instances. Send an SMS to your phone when thresholds you define are triggered. We have them for CPU, diskspace, and memory. A must have for any active ecommerce site!
April 25th, 2019 – New Stacks
- Magento 2.1.16 w/ Redis : aMiSTACX G3
- Magento 2.2.6 w/ Redis : aMiSTACX G3 LAMP
- Magento 2.2.6 w/ Redis : aMiSTACX G3 LEMP
April 15th, 2019 – New stack
Expanding our specific stacks for developers. This stack series features composer more EC2 class support and more.
April 12th, 2019 – New stacks
April 11th, 2019 – New Twin Titanium stacks for Magento!
We got em =) Magento 2.3.1s on start-of-the-art S3 Titanium stacks.
These stacks all feature S3Rocket + S3Sonic, and the non-Multi features the new Ramjet Cache Booster.
Area 51 is also getting some cool upgrades. We have added a basic Cloudflare API for ALL service levels that will allow you to purge CF cache and also to toggle the CDN off at the A record level. Additionally, you can assign the CDN role to your TEAM. How can this be used? Let’s say your dev needs to test code with the CDN off. Normally they would need to bother you or get access to CF. Now they only need A51 access 😉
April 10th, 2019 – New Stacks!
For those that need to run WordPress 5.x on NGINX here ya go:
April 9th, 2019 – New Stacks!
April 8th, 2019 – New Stack!
Finally we allowed a WordPress 5.x release! Because WP had to fix a lot of their bugs before we would support it. You can get it here:
April 1st, 2019 – New Stack!
No joke here 😉 Our New Magento 2.2.7 w/ S3Rocket and RamJet Cache Booster stack is ready for speed trials. Yay!
March 31st, 2019 – A51 Maintenance
We have patched and improved a few items. Added 12/24 to notifications. Use your profile to set. Added RBAC restore for team members. Fixed RDS labels to be more informative. Fixed RDS sizing on dashboard grid.
March 27th, 2019 – New Stacks!
March 26th, 2019 – New Stacks!
Version updates for:
- Windows 2012 R2 RDS phpMyadmin Utility Server v1.5
- Windows 2012 R2 WIMP – aMiSTACX G3 v1.2
- Laravel 5.6.0, aMiSTACX G3 LAMP v1.3
March 20th, 2019 – A51 New Feature
Today we added basic RDS monitoring to the main A51 dashboard. Get quick reports on RDS Memory, CPU, and disk space.
March 19th, 2019
- Ticket Based System: aMiSTACX will be discontinuing IM through Wickr, and moving to a ticket based system in the next two weeks. An alternative IM may be available, but only during our posted human working hours.
- New Stack Released: WordPress 4.9.9, S3 Titanium – aMiSTACX G4 LEP
Our new G4 stack for those that just have to have NGINX running WordPress. This G4 features our aMiSTACX S3 Titanium plugin.
- A51 – Alert
11:11am EST – update. Issue has been resolved. Please clear browser cache if you do not see QR code.
Google discontinued their Google Image Charts as of March 14th, and we didn’t know. So after a server upgrade it broke the 2FA for ALL accounts. Existing accounts that already sync’d to Authy will work. Just enter your code. New accounts, please disable 2FA until we upgrade the system.
March 15th, 2019 – A51
We plan to release Advanced CloudWatch Monitoring today for the Area 51 dashboard. This feature will allow monitoring metrics on select EC2s with the CW Agent.
As part of our March 2019 refresh, all stacks will be updated with the CWA. Advanced means you will be able to read disk space, cpu credits, cpu utilization and more. For ALL G3/G4 S3 Titanium and High Availability stacks Advanced CW Monitoring will be active in the A51 dashboard; otherwise, you will need an A51 Pro account to use the feature for all aMiSTACX and non-aMiSTACX instances.
March 5th, 2019 – New Stack!
Find your Zen and save a lot of time with our new stack for Magento that features the Magento Luma theme w/ Sample data. We also included the aMiSTACX S3 Titanium module, and this new G4 has all of the latest and greatest. A fantastic stack to spin up and test stuff with, learn how-to-do, or just see Magento’s cool new 2.3.0 features with live sample data.
March 1st, 2019 – A51 [Unplanned Maintenance 9:15 EST]
Dashboard alert to update AWS A51 Role Script.
February 26th, 2019 – A51
Over the next week both A51 and aMiSTACX on AWS MP will increase classes for both G3/G4 stacks.
If you are on an older stack, please contact us on how to upgrade to at least a G3. In some cases, it may be just easier to migrate to a new G3/G4 stack.
- Developer stacks will support T2/T3/C4/M4 EC2 classes
- Magento G3/G4 stacks will support T2/T3/C4 EC2 classes
- Change Instance Type Feature Added to A51 with Class Filters
February 22nds, 2019 – AMIS G3 – New Release
- Expert Developer Series
- Magento (TM) 2.2.7 Open Source Edition
- Ioncube (TM) PHP 7.1.x – 7.3.x.
- Support for T2/T3/C4/M4 EC2 Classes
February 7th, 2019 – A51 [Unplanned Maintenance 12:30 EST]
- Console updates
- New Sticky Sessions
- Column Widget for Dashboard
- Team RBAC
February 5th, 2019 – A51 [Unplanned Maintenance 9am EST]
- Improved Login Form
- Dashboard improvements
February 4th, 2019 – A51 [Unplanned Maintenance 1pm EST]
- Switched to a faster server
- Some customers may experience button issues on Area 51! We have identified this with a recent Cloudflare release and are working to resolve. [We turned off their Rocket Loader]
February 3rd, 2019 – A51
- Login Enhancements
- Console Improvements
January 31st, 2019 – A51, aMiSTACX
Our AWS AI Bot, Macey-Bot, appears to be on vacation :/ She didn’t even tell us until today. We have a case open with AWS to get her working again. Any questions, you may need to contact the humans.
Important! We also plan to upgrade A51 later today to include:
- Elastic IP Management
- Console Updates
- 2FA Now Default on all new accounts
January 28th, 2019 – aMiSTACX
Sorry for some 500s but we are testing our new HL100 theme. You’ll notice the site is way faster now.
January 25th, 2019 – A51
- A51 Basic Dashboard EC2 Monitoring
January 23rd, 2019
- S3 Titanium plugin for WordPress – New plugin version 1.1.3 now allows re-sync to local. In situations where you need to fall back from S3 to local server for media, the S3 Rocket plugin now allows this function.
- aMiSTACX Multi-Site Edition for Magento 2.3.0 now available. Lot’s of great upgrades of the stack for performance!
January 21st, 2019 – A51
- SMS Alerting Features added for Pro Memberships
- SMS Team Alerts added for Pro Memberships
- Direct Message feature added for Pro Memberships
- Fixes to dashboard and Misc improvements
January 17th, 2019 – A51 – Huge new release. Please review.
- Team Members can be active with more than one A51 account. This means a developer can be a team member with multiple aMiSTACX customers. Very handy since we are starting to build an aMiSTACX professional support network.
- Manage non-aMiSTACX EC2s. There is now an upgrade feature called Pro that will allow you to subscribe and upgrade to a Professional A51 Membership [A51 Pro] the current cost per month is a very reasonable [$20 USD], yet unlocks all kinds of new features. For Agencies and Enterprise the Pro feature can help reduce operational costs.
- 1-Click restore enhancements for Snapshots and AMIs.
- Lots of UI upgrades for desktop and mobile
- Notification enhancements
- Dashboard sync fix
January 3rd, 2019 – Happy New Year! Kicking it off with our new S3 Titanium for Magento 2.3.0 running Apache.
December 24th, 2018 – A51 – Maintenance Scheduled for 12 noon EST. Introducing 1-Click backups, Restore options, tons of UI enhancements. Happy Holidays! 🙂
December 16, 2018 – A51 – Maintenance Scheduled for 5pm EST. We will be adding EC2 phpMyadmin hotlinks, and Mobile UI upgrades.
December 12, 2018 – A51 – Maintenance Scheduled for 11pm EST. We will be introducing desktop alerts and EC2 Public IP address records.
December 11th, 2018 – WordPress 5.0 S3 Titanium powered by aMiSTACX G4 should be available in a couple of days.
December 10th, 2018 – New features for Magento S3 Titanium. S3Rocket now supports CSS/JS deployment to S3, custom image paths, and S3Sonic has some fixes to improve usability. If you already have this stack, please update to unlock the new features!